Posted to alt.home.repair

Default wood putty before or after staining

On Jun 23, 5:54*am, "Al Boreland" wrote:
I've always filled holes, sanded smooth and then stained.

Same here.

"Sam Takoy" wrote in ...
So I bought sandable stainable wood filler by DAP. Feels and acts like wood! This one:

http://www.hardwareharbor.com/1-4lb-...y-dap-inc.aspx

But on the can, the instructions say stain the wood first. How does that make sense? My plan was to fill in a couple places where
I had two and then stain the whole thing. What would be the point if I stain my natural pine a reddish tone and then fill the
holes with this pine-colored wood filler?

Thanks!

Sam- Hide quoted text -