Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawing

On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 22:14:43 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

"Bill" wrote in message
Lobby Dosser wrote:
"Bill" wrote in message

I don't think I've seen many threads on drawing/sketching here.

Did you ever get an answer not related to drafting/architectural?
Coincidentally I was looking at books on drawing yesterday at B&N and
was not satisfied with the selection. Saw most of those you mentioned
including the one you said you might order. I diverge, in that I am
interested in also doing color work.

Yes Lobby, "Engineering Drawing", known at Amazon.com as "Manual of
Engineering Drawing" appears to be a well-thought-of standard for the
craft and was used in college by several of the folks here.
I ordered a version of it. I went back to the used book store to pick up
the book "How To Draw What You See", but someone else found it. I'll
probably collect a copy of it sometime. It looked a lot better to me than
most of the "how to draw" books. There are a lot of reviews of it and
sample pages to read at Amazon.

Thanks, Bill.

An associated tome I found helpful was _How To Look At Everything_ by
David Finn. Warm and wonderful, it sets the mood.

Also check out books by Claudia Nice [watercolor, ink, and pen] and
Lee Hammond [acrylics (my fave) and colored pencil drawing.] Both are
prolific writers.

--
"Human nature itself is evermore an advocate for liberty.
There is also in human nature a resentment of injury, and