Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default iPad 2

In article o.uk,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2011 20:04:12 +0000 (UTC), Nick Leverton wrote:

High bandwidth "video ready" powerline interferes in the WLAN 2.4GHz
range, as has recently been published by OFCOM (I'm trying to find a
link to the FoI stuff that doesn't go via The Register, who I am
boycotting).

Is this wide area powerline stuff or the domestic house and not much
further powerline comms?

The report I remember was domestic house PLC and only looked at in-house
interference in a small number of trial properties (two, IIRC).

I think I misquoted it somewhat though. It was investigating FM
interference on the domestic radio bands, rather than 2.4GHz WLAN,
but the limited trials they did found that house powerline networking
could and did interfere, in one case seriously, with radio reception.
The WLAN bit was, I think, in either an appendix or a commentary, but
wasn't tested at that time (a couple of years ago).

Nick
--
Serendipity: http://www.leverton.org/blosxom (last update 29th March 2010)