Posted to uk.d-i-y
D.M.Chapman D.M.Chapman is offline

Default iPad 2

In article , Ron Lowe wrote:
On 21/06/2011 23:54, Bill wrote:

No help to offer, but here at Lowe Towers, I have 3 cisco access points
running WPA2-Enterprise ( with RADIUS servers and certificates ) and the
iPAD1 and iPod touches / iPhones all just figure it out and request
credentials and connect.

Very impressed at how it figured out all the correct settings that
usually requires manual intervention in Windows for example.

Can be a bit less slick when the user changes their password though

No idea why it won't connect to the Netgear.

I had a linksys that appeared reluctant to work with a couple of iMacs
(running leopard IIRC). After sniffing the traffic it turned out to be
something wierd with timing and DHCP. Can't remember the details - the
machines would connect to the router fine, but then fail to get an ip
and would autoassign itself an address after 30 seconds or so.

Took it back to PCworld (it was a distress purchase on a sunday), got my
money back and switched to a netgear - no more problems.

Darren