Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Property Rights question...

On Jun 22, 10:31*am, "chaniarts" wrote:
Han wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
m:

In that case, he is reaching to your property. *My neighbor (we have
no fence) has come on to my property to trim things too. *I usually
thank hem for doing so. *Probably what your wife should do if he is
cutting weed back.

I'd like to see a picture of what henchman says are his plants or
bushes or trees, and what the neighbor considers weeds. *Maybe then
we can judge who is right to remove them or not. *Not that I would
really encourage going onto another's property to do weeding. *But
then,spouse does it all the time to help the old widow next doors.

exactly. to the OP, those weeds might be the start of a hedge of trees to
prevent the neighbors looking into their hot tub at night.

If you read the original post there is already a "hedge" of cedar,
probably leyland cypress. Subsequent posts suggest the yard was
neglected for a number of years prior to this. It's likely the
"trees" in question are trees that sprang up naturally from seed and
remained because no one was keeping the area between the fence and the
"cedar" trees maintained.

The op stopped replying after a number of people pointed out that
while he was technically right he was also being excessively anal.
And that until he was ready to maintain the area he probably shouldn't
worry much about how his neighbor prunes trees that stick through the
fence.

You really see a more probable conclusion based on what has been
posted?