Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default Short courses?

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 23:51:55 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
If you don't feel up to tightening a nut you've a lot of learning to do,
and probably not worth it.

I think it's just a mental hurdle to overcome. The majority of DIY jobs
can be broken down into simple sub-tasks which are usually easier than
the whole (and during the learning phase if you muck one of them up you
can often correct and still produce a good result).

I've watched professionals work before. They make mistakes, too. What
they're good at, I think, is planning, having a good mental picture of
the whole job while tacking individual bits, and recovering when some
unforseen disaster does strike.

cheers

Jules