Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott M Scott M is offline

Default iPad 2

Bill wrote:

So far, from a distance, I'm unimpressed. Can anyone throw any light
into my darkness.

I have experience of a MacBook that suddenly stopped talking to a router
(Netgear IIRC) that it was regularly used with. Couldn't make it talk
for love nor money.

IMO it's Apple at fault but the router will always receive the blame
being cheaper and easier to replace: "Oh look, it works with the new
router; the old one must have been faulty."

To be fair tho, M$ managed a similar own goal with Vista (& probably 7)
which connects to, but fails to see the Internet through, a variety of
modem/routers.

--
Scott