Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Property Rights question...

"The Henchman" wrote in message

You have yet to tell us which side of the property line the fence is
on. I have never heard of a fence being exactly on the line. Who
originally paid for the fence and its installation?

Built 43 years ago by the housing developer. It's a 43 year old cedar
slat fence that my survey (dec 2009) says is the property line.

Most houses around here have the fence on the property line and the only
time they don't is when spats or fights break around and the fence shifts
to one side because of it.

In that case, he is reaching to your property. My neighbor (we have no
fence) has come on to my property to trim things too. I usually thank hem
for doing so. Probably what your wife should do if he is cutting weed back.