Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default iPad 2

On Jun 22, 11:32*am, John Rumm wrote:
On 21/06/2011 23:54, Bill wrote:

A friend of mine's new iPad 2 arrived at his house today. He unpacked
it, tried to connect to his wifi and rang me. Many hours ago.

[snip]

So far, from a distance, I'm unimpressed. Can anyone throw any light
into my darkness.

You are not alone. iStuff in general seems to have difficulty with
wireless kit that other manufacturers kit has no difficulty
interoperating with[1]. I had to swap out a WAP at an office the other
day because none of the iPhones would connect to it. The laptops etc
however were fine.

I *need* a WAP because my iPod Touch will not connect to the router in
some rooms where the laptop works fine.

MBQ