Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default iPad 2

"Bill" wrote in message
A friend of mine's new iPad 2 arrived at his house today. He unpacked it,
tried to connect to his wifi and rang me. Many hours ago.

I've logged in remotely to his machine and checked the router settings all
seem OK. It's a Netgear router on Virgin cable with wpa wireless security
set.

Another friend of his called round to see him with her iPhone and iPad1.
The iPhone seemed to connect immediately, the iPad1 didn't.

snip

One thing that used to cause me problems (but recent kit seems to sort
automatically).

As well as the encryption method there is the authentication method.

IIRC you can chose "shared key" or "open".
If the router and client do not match, you can have the correct password and
they just won't work together.

HTH

Dave R
[Not even bunny]