Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.broadband
Graham. Graham. is offline

Default Wireless doorbell & BT Homehub

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message ll.co.uk...
On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:41:12 +0100, Graham. wrote:

That's true, but I very much doubt the 433Mhz bell-push in this case is
causing the interference.

I'd agree with that 433MHz way above the highest of the ADSL
frequencies by a factor of 200 odd...

http://media.chbyron.eu/file/pdf/SX1...-IS_-15-01-09_
instructions.pdf
I half expected for the bell to be an electromechanical one acting as a
spark transmitter but no such luck ;-)

That is what I was expecting as well but it's a electronic toney
thing. It does have flashing light though... What is making that
light flash? What sort of light is it, xenon flash tube, LED,
incandescant?

Along with the test of trying the bell push with the RX unplugged
(just to make sure the 433MHz isn't a problem). Also try with the
flashy light set to be on and set to be off.

It's a high intensity LED according to the datasheet. The device is unlikely
to have a relay switch but I suppose it is just possible.

I was also wondering if it has a poorly designed SM PSU that emits
hash when under load.
The OP might want to place a MW or LW receiver tuned between stations in the vicinity of the unit.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%