Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Short courses?

Huge wrote:
On 2011-06-21, ARWadsworth wrote:
Gareth wrote:
My diy skills are useless. I think a lot of it is a lack of
confidence in using tools and also, to be honest, the fear of making
a costly cock up.
Has anyone here as a complete beginner undertaken a 5 day intensive
course in, say, plumbing? I saw the 5 day intensive course
advertised by Able Skills and it does sound good.

Is it possible though for someone who is completely lacking in both
confidence and technical skills to get anything from a 5 day
intensive course?

The last straw for me was paying a plumber £60 to tighten a f******
radiator nut.

Where I you based? Maybe one of the regulars will let you watch or
help on a project that they are doing. I would.

A lot of local colleges do one day courses, usually at weekends -
things like "Build a brick wall" and "Fit a tap".

I was thinking more storage heaters, as I have to fit some in a 3rd storey
flat that has no lift.

The experience would be invaluable to someone prepared to give up their time
for free to learn how to install them.

--
Adam