Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default OT. Three Counties Show (UK).

On Jun 21, 2:19*am, Dean Hoffman wrote:
On 6/20/11 12:09 PM, harry wrote:

Yesterday went to Three counties show.
(£16 *to get in! Bloody hell!)
http://www.threecounties.co.uk/
You will be glad to hear America was represented.
Jeep was there, also John Deere and Chevrolette.
The Chevvies it has to be said didn't look like anything from America.
The Jeeps all had diesel engines and of course RH drive.
But John Deere looked all *American.
Also there, all their enemies.
There was a strange man, claimed to be a cowboy from America. Had a
horse that could do tricks allegedly related to cattle catching. *Are
there still cowboys in America or are they fakes? This one looked
pretty fake.

* * * Yes there are still real working cowboys and cattle ranches in the
U.S. *They still brand cattle in some parts, too. *Some towns have the
rodeo arenas next to the high school football (not soccer) fields.
I think some cowboys actually make a living just off the prize money
they win at rodeos.
* * Then there are the poseurs. *Drug store cowboys. *Rexalls.

I think he must have been one of the latter.
I thought they chased cows with helicopters these days?
They do in Australia.