Posted to alt.home.repair
Dbdblocker Dbdblocker is offline

Default Mounting a Small Tire on Wheel

On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 10:08:24 -0700, gcotterl wrote:

On Jun 20, 9:46Â*am, Dbdblocker wrote:
On Mon, 20 Jun 2011 09:32:21 -0700, gcotterl wrote:
I'm trying to replace the inner tube in the tire of a "Radio Flyer"
child's wagon.

I've removed the wheel from the wagon, worked the tire off one side
of the rim and removed the old inner tube.

The new inner tube is twisting when I work it into the tire. Â*Should
I partially inflate the new inner tube first?

Do I put the valve stem through the hole in the rim before working
the rest of the inner tube into the tire?

Once I get the inner tube into the tire, how do I get the tire back
onto the rim?

You put the valve stem in the hole, stuff the tube into the tire, put
the tire back on the rim, remove the valve stem and inflate and deflate
the tube a couple times so it straightens its self out inside the tire,
replace the valve stem and inflate to recommended pressure.

Why would one "put the valve stem in the hole", then "remove the valve
stem" and then "replace the valve stem"? Don't you mean the valve stem
cap?

If you knew what your were doing it would be simple.