Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where can I buy Corrugated metal

Acid Rain and oak drips eat Al nicely.

Most anything eats steel. The trick is to use washers of plastic or
rubber to be between the nail head and the metal. Otherwise you cut
the galvanization. The next best is to get some cold galvanization
paint and over spray each nail head and scratch. Watch for tree limbs
that bend and trash the surface.

Martin

On 2011-06-19, Gunner wrote:
On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 16:59:23 -0500, Ignoramus6708
wrote:

The generator is finally connected to the home via a proper transfer
switch.

I need to build a little house for my generator. Dimensions are,
appx. 4x7 feet, 6 ft tall. I would prefer to build it from unistruts
and corrugated metal bolted to it, to make the generator easily
accessible.

My question is where can I find light gauge, galvanized currugated
metal.

Ask the second question...aluminum...or steel

I vote for steel..but I dont live in an area with a lot of rain

Gunner

I would definitely use aluminum ,is it also available corrugated?

Yes, but you don't want it. It's too delicate for most things and it looks
like hell when it gets dented, which it will.

If you want to protect your galvanized steel, clean it good with an alkaline
cleaner, coat it with primer made for zinc ("gutter-grip" primer is the old
term for it), and paint it with a good exterior paint. Since your project is
so small, this shouldn't be a hardship.

It should last for years that way.

I'm surprised that someone didn't bring up ternplate. You don't want that,
either.