Posted to alt.home.repair
The Henchman[_6_] The Henchman[_6_] is offline

Default Table saw finger remover

How many of the activations were "false alarms"?

Good question.

What I know is one was from wet wood that a student brought in without
teacher authorization. Wet wood CAN trip a saw stop. We are instructed in
that.

Since this lab was set-up about 12 ears ago, four students have had finger
damage I'm told. Therefore in total out of 6 saw stop activations, one is
definitely false alarm and 4 are from actual human contact although I have
no idea if it's serious enuf or not. The remaining one I do not know.

I was also told that nails can activate these saw stops.