Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default A day at da laaaake in MN

Don Foreman wrote:

Recoil starters are like a handful of energetic and muscular snakes
with attitude. After doing it every way but right we tried it my
way. (I am a very patient man!) My way worked. So then we
reassembled it to the mower, Dave pulled the string to do the honors
and start the mower. No luck first pull. On the third pull ... the
rope broke again which was the event that had initiated attempts to
repair in the first place. We about fell down hooting and laughing
even though there was no beer involved. Chuckles had supplied the
rope, cotton sash cord he'd probably had since 1952. Nobody wanted
it fixed badly enough to drive a mile into town and get some new
nylon cord. Dave, Kevin and I declared victory and the hell with it,
still laughing with bits of greasy, frayed cotton cord still laying
about here and there. Life at the laaaake in MN.

I darn near busted a gut reading this and the preceding paragraph.

I'm glad to hear you are having a good time.

Wes
--
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober
people to own cars" - Ambaltrip