Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Painting Ceiling Problem

On Jun 19, 3:09*pm, "Scott J" wrote:
My wife and I decided to paint a little-used 10X12 *bedroom in our house.
The walls had not been painted in 20 years, and the ceiling had not been
painted in maybe 30 years. *On the walls, we used two coats of paint. *They
look nice. *The ceiling, however, is another story.

The ceiling is a common textured surface; it was white and we kept it white,
using Dutch Boy white flat ceiling paint. *After the first coat, it was
obvious a second coat would be needed, so we applied a second coat
yesterday. *Well, the second coat didn't help much and, if anything, it
looks worse. *The job is basically blotchy, with some areas lighter than
other areas, even though we used over a half-gallon of paint on the recoat.