Posted to alt.home.repair
HerHusband HerHusband is offline

Default Any experience with vinyl floor tiles?

For the in-laws, I'd spring for sheet goods installed by a pro. Call
it an anniversary present or something. Better that than patching
loose tiles every time you visit. Not at all impressed with DIY-grade
self-stick, especially in high-traffic areas. Plus, every single
install I have ever seen, the joints are dirt magnets.

Installation is a non-issue. We're gutting the kitchen and I already have
experience installing sheet vinyl with great results.

The problem is finding a pattern they like. They're hung up on the parquet
look, and I haven't seen anyone who currently sells these in sheet vinyl
form.

Thanks for the pointer about the joints being dirt magnets. One more reason
to talk them out of the vinyl tiles.

Anthony