Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Table saw finger remover

On 19 Jun 2011 10:37:44 GMT, Dbdblocker wrote:

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 22:04:24 -0700, Steve B wrote:

"Dbdblocker" wrote in message
.com...
They say 4000 idiots a year saw their fingers off on table saws. That's
10 per day! What is it about 'keep your fingers aways from the
spinning blade' that they do not understand? The federal gubberment is
going to work on a bill to require that new 'meat sensor' safety device
on all table saws. It will add $300 to $500 to the cost. Gee, mine cost
$150. Been using one for 50+ years and still have all my fingers. There
must be some real dummies out there. By the way, the safety device
destroys the blade and motor shaft if activated.

Hey, Mr. Knowitall. You forgot the keyword.

Yet.

But I guess it could never happen to a guy as smart as you.

Right?

Steve

I don't see how "keep your fingers away from the blade" would not click
to them. It means at all costs! Not if you feel like it some days.

I must say your grammar and punctuation is quite good for someone so
young. By the time you're 12 or so, you might have made a mistake.
If you're lucky it won't involve machinery. If you're really
lucky, it will involve machinery but only damage some safety gear- or
only scratch deep enough to serve as a warning.

If you aren't that lucky- come on back and tell us how '**** happens'.

Jim
[got all my digits, and only minor scars-- but I'm human]