Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Table saw finger remover

"Dbdblocker" wrote in message
.com...
They say 4000 idiots a year saw their fingers off on table saws. That's
10 per day! What is it about 'keep your fingers aways from the spinning
blade' that they do not understand? The federal gubberment is going to
work on a bill to require that new 'meat sensor' safety device on all
table saws. It will add $300 to $500 to the cost. Gee, mine cost $150.
Been using one for 50+ years and still have all my fingers. There must be
some real dummies out there. By the way, the safety device destroys the
blade and motor shaft if activated.

Thanks for posting this, but the Saw Stop and potential legislation issue
has been around for a few years.

I'm glad you have all your fingers, but many a sensible seasoned pro has
lost one on occasion. I has happened to the best so don't jinx yourself by
gloating.