Posted to alt.home.repair
PC Guy PC Guy is offline

Default Aluminum frame and replacement window problem - window.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:17:09 -0700, Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
PC wrote:

I attached a picture although I am not sure if you can see it. If not, I can
email a picture to you.

Take several clear, focused, relevant pictures, long shots and closeups
from inside and outside. Post to a free picture hosting site. Post links
to those pictures here. You cannot post pictures directly to a.h.r.

Thanks. Here are some pictures:

Outside close up http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6728/windowks.jpg

Inside. You can see the aluminum frame on the left side and where it used to be on the bottom. The
fin went in between the sill and the siding. http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6128/windowinside.jpg

Outside wide http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/389...utsidewide.jpg

Here is the mess I got myself into. I bought two windows for the same room. They are identical other
than the size. The are right next to eachother. One is on the perpendicular wall. The way I see it,
I can install the one I didnt ruin and use the aluminum frame as the stop. I just dont know if I can
salvage the one I f'd up. I guess I can get the new installation version of it but it probably will
look different than the replacement window that will be next to it.