Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Where can I buy Corrugated metal

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 19:44:39 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote

Ask the second question...aluminum...or steel

I vote for steel..but I dont live in an area with a lot of rain

Gunner

Fergaddabout aluminum. Flimsy, and rips out easily, plus cost is higher. I
used to get aluminum manufactured home awnings complete from a manufacturer
in Las Vegas, but they had reinforcement at half or less the distance of
steel components. Rain does not bother either aluminum or properly treated
steel. I've seen carports that were 30 years old with no rust, both
galvanized and painted. No aluminum ones, though. They are a one time
deal. Very little chance of repairs, or sometimes, even matching profiles.

Steve

One idea..and Ive used this on stuff around the property..is garage
doors. 3 garage doors..removals from houses that went to rollups..would
do the job nicely. And often times they will give you those for simply
hauling them away (the installers)

Gunner

--
Maxim 12: A soft answer turneth away wrath.
Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head.