Posted to uk.d-i-y
No Name

Default Blimey, these Rawlplug concrete screws...

On 18 Jun,
"Bert Coules" wrote:

I've used these now (the Multi-Monti hex head version from Screwfix) and
I'm pleased with the result. The only drawback was that I had to use a
small socket-and-ratchet tool to get them in, and the final few turns took
a good bit of effort. In fact I had to withdraw my first attempt, which
froze absolutely solid with about half an inch still to go. I decided
that perhaps I hadn't drilled deeply enough so I lengthened the hole and
also used a blower to remove the dust and residue: the bolt then went
fully home.

I've found that if you don't remove the debris completely from the hole they
seem to bottom. If you then re-drill, the hole seems about half an inch
shorter than you originally drilled it. Re-drilling to the original depth and
clearing out as much as possible got the screws fully home without too much
torque.

--
B Thumbs
Change lycos to yahoo to reply