BigWallop

Default Hoover Performa washing machine question

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
Owain wrote:

| We've lost the instruction manual, and I can't find a replacement.
| While I continue to seek one out, does anyone know what the
| Economy button on this machone does?

If you don't have a Half Load button, it's probably for that ie when

you're
not doing a full load.

It doesn't have a Half Load button - what i think it *might* do is only
take water from the hot tap instead of heating it up itself, so if
that's too hot it might be hotter than if the machine had done the
heating itself.

| At present, so far as I can tell, its main function
| is to shrink my expensive Aikido suits.

Some M&S suits are supposed to be washable, but I'd be very wary about
washing designer stuff.

Not sure if you're joking, but http://www.aikido-gakko-ueshiba.org.

Daniele

The Economy button on many washing machine only switches the heater element
off sooner than it normally would and also causes the machine to miss out on
a rinse or two. It might be the missing rinses that are causes your
shrinkage problems, because the rinses are done with cold water and if they
are missed out, then the clothes are not being cooled as much as they
normally would.