Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shower leaking into wall?

On Jun 17, 3:19*pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
On Jun 17, 11:16*am, "Nuzzy" wrote:

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message

Any idea what could be causing this, and what I need to do?

Blame Obama, & you need to vote Republican.

That will get it fixed!!! *You're on. *Can I throw in new side door,
back yard patioconstruction & landscaping, *paint house indoors & out,
refinish front door, repaint front porch, rip up concrete in front of
garage and replace with permeable concrete squares; in fact rip out
concrete driveway paths leading to garage apron and replace whole
thing with landscaping, replace edge tiles on garage roof, replace
both side gates and driveway gate... let's see...what am I missing...

Lawdy, if I'd known it was that easy, I would have sold my soul right
around Nixon's zeit.

HB

As others have pointed out, the damaged section is pretty much
shot, so you could just open it up and take a look inside. That
assumes that with the construction there isn't some framing
completely blocking the way. Not likely, but possible. If no
water is appearing on the floor, I'd say odds are that it's not a
leak, but it might be.

The other option is as suggested to dry
it out with a fan and hold off using both the shower and the bath
tub for a couple days. Or if you're going to be away for a few
days, let it dry out then and when you return, use only the
bath part for a week, carefully making sure no chance of
water getting their past the curtain, running down the top of
the tub, etc. If it's not wet, then do the same using the
shower.