Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Cable detectors that work in BRICK

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi

I am going to do drilling, hammering nails etc. into the brickwork of
my house's interior walls. I need a cable detector but none of the
ones I have seen detect pipes/cables in BRICK. The majority say that
they only detect items behind plasterboard. Is this normal and if not,
is there one that people could recommend?

Cables buried in brick? Do you mean chased and plastered over in a plastered
brick wall? If so my el cheapo cable and pipe locator easily finds them in a
plastered chase. It snot so reliable behind plasterboard as it picks up the
nails etc.

Mike