Posted to alt.home.repair
Cheryl[_2_] Cheryl[_2_] is offline

Default Door knob lock tumbler shifted or something

On 6/18/2011 1:43 AM, Evan wrote:

LOL...

LOL! I understand it sounds funny and especially to be almost locked
INSIDE my house because I'm afraid the same thing is going to happen to
the back door since it was re-keyed the same as the front, but it
freaked me out not to be able to get in, and then once in from an
alternate door, not able to get OUT from that door.

Sounds like the latch FUBAR'D itself...

Unscrew the two screws on the inside holding the door knob to the
door,
then remove both halves of the knob, then manually open the latch...

I suggest obtaining a replacement knob first...

I'm so glad there's a chance to get this thing open from the inside.
I'll be getting replacement door knobs and dead bolts tomorrow. Thank
you for the instructions.