Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default I have a chance to buy a 50 TV for 200 bucks

On Jun 16, 7:33*pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
On 06/16/2011 07:27 PM, Metspitzer wrote:

My niece says a friend needs the money. *My Google searches didn't
turn up anything that seemed reliable.

How do you find out if the TV is legit?

if it's not HD, it's not worth $200 anymore. *I just gave away a 53"
projector. *Didn't want to move the silly heavy thing again. *Can buy a
brand new TV that kicks its ass for $500 or less. *Can buy something
really nice for under $1K. *Old TVs just ain't worth it anymore.

I did keep the DTV converter box though just in case I need it someday.
* (friend that took TV has cable but no antenna)

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

"Old TVs just ain't worth it anymore"

I don't know...

The $15 garage sale 19" "almost-had-tubes" model that I had in my
basement died after many years of faithful service.

I looked on Craigs list and found a 21" flat screen Sony for $40
dollars. I planned to offer the guy $30, but when I went over to look
at it, I found a young-20's couple sitting on the floor of their
apartment making up the name cards for their upcoming wedding. They
certainly didn't look rich, so I considered the extra 10 bucks to be a
wedding gift and gave him the full $40.

I figured any guy that was stuck tying ribbons around little packages
of almonds on a Satruday afternoon deserved the cash.

Anyway, the "old TV" is in great shape and well worth the $40, at
least to me.