Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default Shower leaking into wall?

On Jun 17, 9:51*am, "RogerT" wrote:
jamesgangnc wrote:
On Jun 17, 12:19 pm, Higgs Boson wrote:
Here's a link to several pix of a nasty situation in my (only)
bathroom.

I am scared to death that there is a leak somewhere in the wall which
is showing up at the base.

Background: Some years ago the latch on the shower went bad, and
water leaked out in this area. So I replaced the latch. Shower is
used by another person, so I just now checked to make sure it closed
tight, and it does, and OP is aware of this. I got in the shower,
turned on the water, but did not see any leakage through shower door.

Any idea what could be causing this, and what I need to do?

TIA

HB

That's not really enough to go on. *Wallboard near the outside of
showers often gets water soaked. *Remove the wallboard. *Look at the
lumber behind it for signs of water staining. *Leave the wallboard off
for a while so you can check the inside of the wall after the shower
is used.

I think that is a very good idea -- first, just remove the wallboard and
leave it open and see what is going on behind the wallboard. *Replacing the
wallboard will be easy.

I couldn't really tell from the picture where the shower is, but I guess
others could. *The OP's message says the link is to several pictures but I
only see one picture.

I had trouble downloading them all at once. I guess that can't be
done. Here is one mo

HB