Posted to uk.d-i-y
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Programmable thermostat

"Tabby" wrote in message
On Jun 17, 2:09 pm, Fredxx wrote:
This for an old lady in her 70's and I want this to be as simple as
possible to setup and use.

I am replacing the existing thermostat, so a wired version would be
preferred, will require batteries as I'm fairly sure there isn't a
permanent live and neutral at the existing stat.

Any recommended makes and models?

If you want simple, forget about programmable stats. I had one and
fonud that in practice it did nothing useful that a bimetal stat and
programmer dont do.

I have to disagree with that. We have a programmable room stat and its far
better than the old dial one. We set different temperatures for different
times of the day no standard stat + programmer can do that. Ours, a
Towerstat is fairly simple considering how many functions it has and is
battery powered, however the display is quite small so its probably not very
old lady friendly.

Mike