Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default I have a chance to buy a 50 TV for 200 bucks

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:35:43 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Metspitzer wrote:
My niece says a friend needs the money. My Google searches didn't
turn up anything that seemed reliable.

How do you find out if the TV is legit?

Each week I see at least one 50", or thereabouts, TV for FREE on Craigslist.

That said, projection TVs are a HUGE piece of furniture and you need a large
room to make them viable. Watching a projection TV in an ordinary room (say
12x12') looks awful.

For ordinary TVs, you should sit 3 to 6 times the screen size away from the
box. For a 50" TV, you should sit no closer than 150" away (twelve feet). Is
your room that big?

What if you put your tv in your neighbor's house, facing the window,
and he did the same with you.

Then you woudln't need a big room.

Check here for more specs:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...cId=1000021501