Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Scissors & Belt Sanders

On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 12:32:47 -0700, "Bob La Londe"
wrote:

I've always struggled with sharpening scissors. Yesterday after struggling
to shear one of our fluffy little yappy mutts I took a pair out to the shop
and very lightly dresses it on 1x30 belt sander. Just a couple light passes
and it was perfect. It now will slice through tissues paper hanging limp
leaving a perfectly cut edge. The dog saw me come back with scissors in one
hand and a gleam in my eye, and headed for points unknown...

Oh, sure. Try it with a second pair. Methinks you got lucky.

I wave mine over my 600 grit diamond plate a couple times and they
love it. I need to get a 6 or 8" 1200 grit plate.

Diamonds are a boy's best friend, y'know.

P.S: Dull knives and shears (and rocks and clubs) work best on the
noisiest of little yappers.

--
Happiness is when what you think, what
you say, and what you do are in harmony.