Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Pool hose 1 1/2 inch diameter at 60 feet (or two smaller hoseslinked together?)

On Jun 15, 4:59*pm, SF Man wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 13:50:16 -0700, SF Man wrote:
The length 'needed' is 60 feet of 1 1/2 inch hose.

I forgot to mention this is the 'vacuum hose'.

The one with the spirals to keep it from collapsing.

I think I'll be forced to use two 35 feet 1 1/2 inch hoses ... but if I do
... how are they supposed to be connected?

How do you connect the hose to the vacuum outlet ?

To connect two hoses together, construct your own butt-splice
using a short section of PVC piping the correct diameter to
just slip inside the hoses far enough so that you can clamp
the hose to it with a metal hose clamp...

You would then wrap the spliced section of hose where the
metal hose clamps are with a waterproof tape to protect
the world around your pool from getting scratched by your
home spliced super long hose...

~~ Evan