Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default If any other president.....

"Ignoramus10056" wrote in message
On 2011-06-15, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 17:10:43 -0500, Ignoramus10056
wrote:

The 25% unemployment number is probably another Republican
fabrication, just like everything else.

Do you doubt that there is a recession, that millions of homeowners
are without jobs or homes, that there are starving people in America?

There is no recession. There are no homeowners without a home, by
definition. There is plenty of people without jobs or homes, of
course. As for starving people, they have to exist, but I see a lot of
fat people.

The unemployment, no doubt, is there, but 25% is a Republican
fabrication.

Until around 1978, we never had as high a percentage of the adult population
working as we have today:

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2...EMRATIO?cid=12

So what do these recently high "unemployment" numbers mean? It's an
interesting question, but it's curious that the historically unprecedented
percentage of adults who have been employed in recent years parallels that
giant sucking sound of wealth and incomes to a minute slice of population at
the top of the economic heap.

In other words, the high percentage could prove to be a structurally
unsustainable ratio, one which didn't appear until a severe recession took
the gas out of an employment bubble.

Maybe. It would take a lot of work to analyze it.

--
Ed Huntress