Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Bosch palm router $99 a good price?

On 6/15/2011 6:05 AM, Han wrote:
Amazon has it for $99 (free shipping with Amazon Prime):
Bosch PR20EVSK Colt Palm Grip 5.6 Amp 1-Horsepower Fixed-Base Variable-
Speed Router with Edge Guide
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ANQHTA/...4120_pe_epc_d2

Is that a good price?

Yes!

I really like my Bosch Colt ... having owned one since they hit the market.

The only con, IMO, is that it uses a single wrench and a push button
lock system on the shaft, to change a bit. That can be exasperating (I
often have to hold it between by knees and use both hands, one on the
button while wielding the wrench, to get the bit loose).

That said, it is the most easily controlled, comfortable to use (and to
use safely) router of the five or six I own, so the above is a small
price to pay for those big pluses ... although I do turn the air blue on
occasion when changing a bit.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010