Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Firefox

Andy Burns wrote:
stuart noble wrote:

FF4 has trouble opening pdfs on my machine. Switched to Chrome and all
is ok again.

I dislike any browser handling PDFs for me, I always remove the plugins
or MIME mappings so that it uses an external viewer (and that's not
usually Acrobat these days for me).

Yes. I had that issue with firefox when I somehow configured it to use a
plugin to open them 'in window'

Trouble is so many PDFS are actually pretty much weird, and you need to
have a selection of stuff to open them.

But mostly firefox seems to remain pretty constant. I am simply not
having te trouble others seem to despite having the latest beta of
firefox 5.0 running here. It seems pretty stable to nme, and no untoward
effects. just needs a bit of setting up.

Might go for chromium one day.