John Flax

Default Drain cock

"Ed Rear" wrote in message
Went to my daughter's flat this morning intending to flush out her
radiators. Stuck a hose on the drain cock and opened it a little, water
poured out around the screw. The cock is very close to the floor, so not
enough room for a container to catch the water, and in any case it was
coming out quite fast. Is this a normal scenario? I'm going to leave the

job
for another day, but would welcome any advice as it will have to be done

at
some time.

Ed.

Don't forget to have a new washer to hand or be able to get to a supplier.

We had exactly the same problem this week in my neighbours house.

The sticking washer meant that it took hours to drain down the system.

My neighbour said that in his previous house the drain cocks were outside
the house. This sounds a damned good idea.

Don't forget to have a new washer to hand or be able to get to a supplier. I
know I said that earlier but it could be very inconvenient!