Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Green Robert Green is offline

Default Repairing patio furniture

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Your neighbor is a thief, and had bad judgement about
parties. I'd push the police report, file charges. Ask the
judge to make replacing the furniture part of the sentence.

There's unfortunately no attempt to permanently deprive the owner of the
property as they returned it, albeit busted up. Trust neighbors that pushy
to concoct a "but there was a man in the backyard who TOLD us we could
borrow it. - Gee, we're *awfully* sorry. That man must have been trying to
steal your furniture so we took it to protect it!" (or some other
cockamamie story). Cops that I worked with would not make an arrest in such
a case simply because they know that would cause permanent hostilities - and
more work for them in the long run.

--
Bobby G.