Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Solar PV - reasons why not in a nutshell please

On Jun 13, 9:40*pm, hugh ] wrote:
In message
,
harry writes

On Jun 13, 9:15*am, Jim K wrote:
arsehole relative is forging ahead and crowing abt it all in usual
manner- anyone care to give me a *succinct indefensible argument to
hopefully reinforce what a prick he is?

Cheers
Jim K

I have a PVarray myself. Your arsehole relative is on a winner.
The anticipated return on my system is11% on capital laid out,
inflation linked, tax free for 25 years.

The only down sides are, is the technology reliable? and you can't get
your money back once you've spent it.
Oh and hard to take with you if you move house.
So in fact, the prick is you.

Do you think it will increase the selling price of your house if and
when you move?
--
hugh
common sense." Buddha- Hide quoted text -

I have looked into this.
Buyer's views at the moment are sharply polarised.
However the view is that, in the future, PV panels will be viewed as a
very desireable asset on a house.
BTW, they don't have to be on the roof. Ground arrays are available.
You might not want to put one on the front elevation of your chocolate
box cottage but the garage/outbuilding roof might be suitable.

If your retired, you have the best opportunity to save electricity in
the middle of the day. (You are paid for it whether you use it
yourself or not).