asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Liquorice[_2_] View Post
On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 07:53:52 +0000, asalcedo wrote:

I have a marble top in the bathroom with a circular white stain that is
raised and dull against the shiny finish of the marble. I believe it is
limescale or perhaps the result of Viakal cleaner.

Bit late now but don't let anything even remotely acidic near marble
it will dissolve it. Viakal is an excellent lime scale remover(*),
marble is to all intents and purposes lime scale...

Raised seems a bit odd for acid attack,, I'd expect a hollow. Does
this marble have any finish/polish on it or is the surface just
nicely polished smooth naked marble? Maybe something has got under
that finish and caused the marble to expand?

Does this raised section respond to a soft (non-metalic) scraper?
(Edge of old credit card cut to suitable width).

(*) I've used it to remove the bloom on tiles after not cleaning
waterproof (aka "cement") based grout of them properly.

--
Cheers
Dave.

The original stain was circular and raised (it is only just slightly raised, perhaps 0.2mm). Probably limescale deposit around the bottom of a glass.

The area around the stain is dull and rough, probably as a result of the attempts to clean the original stain with different products, including Viakal.

The raised stain, does not respond to non metallic scraper.

The marble has, I think, a polished finish.

Last edited by asalcedo : June 15th 11 at 07:30 PM