Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Drawing

On 6/14/2011 6:56 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in news:bu-
:

For some reason I'm that ways with thicknesses ... I can generally tell
in a photo how thick a table top, leg, etc. is ... and am seldom off by
an 1/8" in real life, but totally miss the boat with metric.

Every eighth of an inch is 3 mm; an inch is 2.54 cm; a foot is 30 cm; a
yard 90 cm; a mile is a lot.

(in dutch speak)

Seems most of the Festool stuff is incremented in mm.

I have a Calculated Industries construction calculator on both my
DroidX, and the real thing in the shop, that I'm continually inputting
the likes of 21 3/16" to give me 538.1625mm to set my parallel guide
rails when cutting sheet goods to size.

I'm good to go ... as long as the electrons are flowing.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010