Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Drawing

On 6/14/2011 6:33 PM, RonB wrote:

Side Note: It used to drive my wife nuts when she would ask how big
something was and I would hold my fingers apart and say 3-1/2"
inches. She would respond that isn't 3-1/2"! I would hold the pose
until she got a ruler and was usually pretty darned close. After
several years on the drafting table, doing aircraft drawings by hand,
I developed a pretty good micrometer eyeball. I have been off of the
board for about 25-30 years but I still have a pretty good eye for
sizes in the 0-36" range.

For some reason I'm that ways with thicknesses ... I can generally tell
in a photo how thick a table top, leg, etc. is ... and am seldom off by
an 1/8" in real life, but totally miss the boat with metric.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010