Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Drawing

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:37:29 -0400, Bill wrote:

When I started this thread I was asking how I might go about learning to
"sketch" better. I understand that learning to do formal drawings will
help my sketching. Maybe I can learn some of the theories and apply it
to my sketching and reduce the "overhead"? %) Becoming acquainted
with the theories are will be a good start! I've got my dad's rules,
triangles, and compasses just a feet away--oh, and the slide rule too!!!

Reduce the overhead. Right. Be sure to overthink it. It's critical at
this point, lad.

Might be handy if I wish to sketch a "spring-pole lathe"-ala Roy
Underhill. I need to be careful what I put on my plate so I don't
burst!--lol.

Uh, yeah.

By the way, the drill press baseboard (with wheels and legs) is
complete. I "just" need to assemble the DP on top of it. I will try to
assemble it on the ground and lift it up. Admittedly, it's been
intimidating me for a few days...my wife underwent some surgery too, but
I accept responsibility for the delay. I need to take full advantage
now of the currently ideal weather! I can practice drawing snowmen in
the winter, to spec.!

Hey, hey hey. Save those detailed jobs for later on, once you have a
feel for this drawing/sketching thing, OK?

--
To know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
-- Chinese Proverb