Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Drawing

Bill wrote:
WW wrote:

I still have my tools and drafting board from high school class in 1943.
Still use them. At my age the computer programs are tough for me to
comprehend. I also block print instead of curser. A couple weeks ago our
grand daughter, eight years old saw me printing something that had the
number 8. She informed me I did not know how to make an 8. I make it
with 2
little circles, same as on the keyboard I am using. She of course
uses the
curser as taught in school . Also Bill, I have many years of Popular
Electronics magazines. WW

Small world, my teachers got after me when I was about 8 for not writing
8 the cursive way too. My school shop teachers insisted on block
printing even in things like material lists. If there's a lesson there,
it must be that it's hard to please everyone! By the way, the article I
mentioned earlier was written by Michael Fortune, and I'm no one to
2nd-guess him!

Bill

Here are some relevant comments about Michael Fortune from the FWW website:

snip Michael Fortune has designed and built furniture for clients
across the continent for more than 30 years. He is one of Canada's most
acclaimed contemporary furniture masters. A key to Michael's success as
a designer/builder is his sketchbook, where he brainstorms and refines
ideas before committing to a more detailed illustration of a final
design. His old, dog-eared sketchbooks are also a reservoir of new
ideas. snip

His approach, as described briefly above, seems "natural" to me.

Bill