Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lintel...which one?

On 14/06/2011 17:07, Tim W wrote:
wrote in message
o.uk...

The BCO wants to see the lintel in place on her next visit.

If she is doing her job she will also want to have calculations to show that
your building is structurally sound. It is not her job to do those
calculations or to tell you what sort of lintel you need. It might be
acceptable for you to do the calculation yourself - I don't know - but
normally it is the job of a structural engineer. From the sound of it it
would be about ten minutes work for an engineer.

Tim W

From my (limited) experience of BCOs, they seem to have an in-built
sense of what of reasonable, and will only ask for calculations if you
want to do something which they regard as 'marginal'.
--
Cheers,
Roger