Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default Solar PV - reasons why not in a nutshell please

On Jun 14, 1:53*pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in ...

On Jun 14, 12:03 pm, Jim K wrote:
On Jun 14, 10:51 am, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

8

interesting calculator he-

http://www.solaressence.co.uk/pv-pri...ff-payback-cal....

you can tweak all their assumptions and play around with it all (e.g.
correct their 80% panel efficiency after 30 years "assumption"), lower
their 9% p.a. elec. inflation figure

in fact just lowering that to 4.5% (say, still 1% above their RPI
figure) reduced the overall benefit to 5.9% AER over 25years on a 4kw
system - also I can't see any allowances in there for new inverters
(£???), cleaning, insurance, repairs, accidents and other risks on the
"purchase"...

mmmm anyone care to comment?

Jim K

It's all very well saying you will get x% return for 25 years, but do
you get your capital back at the end? No.

You get an income for 25 years equal to about 2.5 times your initial
investment.

The figure of £12k has been bandied around I believe. So £30k (2.5
times) over 25 years.

Stick the £12000 in a high interest account at 4% compound would give
you £32k.

MBQ