Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More wireless router issues

On Tue, 14 Jun 2011 09:37:04 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

This free allowance also applies if you're a non-BT "Fonista" with a Fon
router at home, you just connect through the Fon facility. As`far as the
Broadband account payer is concerned, they get no commission, and the
bandwidth on the Fon/ BT Openzone connection is limited to a percentage
of your normal speed, so there's not much of a hit peformance wise.

That's interesting. I'd like some mobile access but paying £10/1GB
that expires in 30 days is about 999MB more than I need (last month,
a heavy one for data was, 0.8MB...) OK use would go up but I doubt it
would go up *that* much.

Being in the middle of nowhere the amount of data Fon users would use
would be minimal. Is the percentage split fixed or dynamic up to say
10% of the connection?

--
Cheers
Dave.