Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
cavelamb cavelamb is offline

Default Web Store Software

Winston wrote:
CaveLamb wrote:

(...)

Yup.
And a workable naming convention.

B_name.png for a Button
T_name.png for a Thumbnail
P_name.png for a Picture
etc...

That kind of thing really helps when you have hundreds of files to
dig through (and a sorted listing )

My boat's website just pegged out (10 MB) this evening and I had to
re-do some of the imagery. It was never really "designed", it just
growed that way. There is no real consistency as far as naming photo.

But the naming convention for web objects really helped.

That is a great idea, Richard. Thanks!

--Winston

If you are actually doing this kind of stuff, take it a bit further.

!name.HTM for all html files - so all the pages sort to the top of he list.

And tag any other kind of file that you have several of...
Text files - Xname?
PDF files - Aname (Adobe)?

Make it as easy on your own self as you can!

But then we all give better advice than we take...

--

Richard Lamb
http://www.home.earthlink.net/~cavelamb