Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default Concrete tamper

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
.. .

"Ignoramus21268" wrote in message
I also vote for muriatic acid, it works great on concrete.

It also rusts steel.

I got a BUNCH of the corrugated steel that is made to rust. It has like
S waves in it. I'm going to make it into window awnings soon. Looks
very rustic. I was wondering how to advance the rust process, and may
make a chamber that I can speed up the rusting process on some of them.
They are all laid in a stack, and the top one is nice and evenly rusty,
but down through the pile, it varies. I'd like to make them all alike,
but don't want to have to age them for a year or three in the real
weather.

Steve

Getting an even finish on Cor-Ten and the like is the subject of a lot of
controversy. What works for one doesn't seem to work for another.

In recent years, I've seen several architectural users recommend
soda-blasting. They say it results in an even finish.

--
Ed Huntress

It's fairly easy to control. Takes a special pot if you don't want to use
impractical quantities, it's pretty expensive if you don't control the flow
rate carefully. It also kills nearby vegetation better than Round Up, and
it's not so great if it drifts over to polished aluminum wheels...